Spring at Deep Creek Lake is filled with the smell of wild flowers and maple syrup and brings new life, growth, and renewal. Take a break and experience your own renewal and selfcare with your girlfriends at Chalet Alpenglow. A ladie's weekend brings you the relaxation, sisterhood, and laughter you need to rejuvenate.
Start the Day with...
- a luxurious bath in Chalet Alpenglow's jaccuzzi tub www.chaletalpenglowdeepcreek.com
- a delicious latte and bagel sandwich at Traders Coffee www.traderscoffeehouse.com
- or fresh baked goods and breakfast items like the delicious warm pepperoni rolls or cinnamon sticky buns at The Casselman's Bakery & Cafe https://thecasselman.com/cafe/
Continue with some Shopping Therapy at...
- Simon Pearce, an upscale glass and crafts place where you can watch glassblowers create handmade pieces daily. https://www.simonpearce.com/our-stores/mountain-lake-park-outlet/
- A Mountain Fix, a woman-owned boutique featuring a curated collection of the coolest gifts, gourmet eats and treats, apparel, lake themed décor and the area’s largest selection of fine sterling silver jewelry. https://amountainfix.com/
- School House Earth, a specialty gift and gourmet food shop with jewelry, ladies accessories, home decor, kitchen accessories, toys and gifts. https://www.schoolhouseearth.com/
- The Tourist Trap & Christmas Store, two fun little store next to each other with a nice variety of gifts, souvenirs and knick knacks. https://www.christmaschalet.com/
- Bear Creek Traders, featuring a wide variety of items: clothes, toys, puzzles, books, home decor, candy/snacks, souvenirs, and a whole aisle of black bear decor! https://www.bearcreektraders.com/
- Cashmere Clothing, a unique boutique for womens clothing and unique hand-crafted jewelry. https://cashmereclothingco.net/
- Marsh Hill Mercantile, a Gallery and Artisan Market allowing finer artisans to showcase their work including painters, photographers, and crafters. It is open two weekends per month. https://marshhillmercantile.com/
Head back to ...
- Chalet Alpenglow for a board or card game, a good book, or a glass of Prosecco on the deck overlooking Wisp Mountain and surrounding meadows. Watch the incredible sunset and evening panorama before you get ready for a fun night out.
- or if you still have energy take the girls to another adventure and go Axe Throwing. You will have a blast! https://dcladventures.com/deep-creek-axe-throwing-co/
Evening Plans include ...
- make a reservation at Deep Creek Cellars, a small boutique-scale wine producer for a ladies wine tasting https://www.deepcreekcellars.com/visit-us.html or head to Branch Bender Cidery, an artisanal farm cidery, for some cider tasting www.facebook.com/branchbendercidery
- alternatively check out Black Bear Wine & Words, a wine and used book store where you can enjoy tastings, cheese plates and good books. http://www.blackbearwineandwords.com/
Enjoy Dinner at ...
- Dutch's at Silver Tree - a rustic yet elegant upscale restaurant, with excellent food and lake view, indoor and outdoor seating. Try the house salad, with honey/lemon dressing, the lobster tail, with crab imperial and a baked potato. They also have the best crab cakes in the area. Finish your meal with a chocolate martini for dessert. https://dutchsatsilvertree.com/
- Firewater Kitchen & Bar - a cozy and mountain chic restaurant with an outdoor firewall and delicious food. Great place for cocktails with indoor and outdoor seating and lake view. http://firewaterkitchen.com/
After Dinner ...
- Ready to party? Visit Sipside Lounge, which offers a great beer, wine and cocktail menu and live music. https://www.sipside.net or Black Bear Tavern, a sports bar & restaurant which turns into a nightclub with live music and entertainment. http://www.blackbeartavern.com/
- or head home to Chalet Alpenglow for some girls time in the hot tub and a chick flick on the big movie screen with surround sound system. Then fall in the comfy beds and have sweet dreams.
The next Morning....
- Book a yoga session for your group with All Earth Tours. https://allearthtours.com/yoga-to-you-deep-creek-lake/
- or visit Circle Ranch and experience the countryside on a horseback. http://www.deepcreeklakestable.com/riding_rates.html
- You might prefer a relaxing spa treatment. Make an appointment at LAKE SALON, which offers full-service hair, nails, airbrush makeup, bridal services, tanning, massage, and facials. MASSAGE AT THE LAKE offers massages, facials, waxing, and nails. Feel adventurous, drive 30 min to the BRUCETON WELLNESS CENTER & HIMALAYAN SALT CAVE in WV, for some wellness and salt therapy. Spa Roma in Morgantown, WV is also great. If you prefer a quick no touch massage, try out OMG Relax and get a 30min chair massage.
- If you are more the creative typ, paint some pottery with your girls at Deep Creek Pottery. https://deepcreekpottery.com/
Enjoy Brunch at
- MoonShadow, which has an amazing brunch on Sundays from 10am-2pm, serving fresh, unique, healthy, and delicious food with great inside and outside areas to sit. Located just 1 mile from Chalet Alpenglow. Vegan, gluten free, locally-sourced, and pescatarian menu items available and occasional live music.
- 3rd Street Diner, a great brunch location with yummy homecooked country meals. https://www.facebook.com/3rdstreetdiner/
In the Afternoon before you head Home:
Visit Spruce Forest Artisan Village - an arts and heritage center in Garrett County that is dedicated to preserving the heritage of the region. Resident and visiting artisans demonstrate their crafts in restored log cabins and vintage frame structures. Artisan crafts include blacksmithing, weaving, wheel-thrown pottery, bird sculpting, woodturning, and jewelry-smithing - history, strolling outdoors, and shopping all rolled into one. Visit Penn Alps Restaurant for a meal or Cornucopia Cafe for a coffee with their homemade salted caramel creamer.